- Need and opportunity: the new HPC website
- Everything’s changed, but everything’s still the same: HPC update
- Location/Dislocation – Admiral Keppel, the Chinese Buddha at Sandringham and three key photographs
- The Forbidden City at War: Images of the Wartime Evacuation of the Imperial Art Collections
- A name, a photograph, and a history of global connections
- ‘Normal’ Lives Led in Abnormal Conditions
- Charles Frederick Moore’s photographs of the ruins of the European-style palaces (西洋楼) at the Yuanmingyuan (圆明园)
- Pieces of China in Bristol – cataloguing Historical Photographs of China material
- A disturbing intimacy: The Private Papers of C. C. A. Kirke
- Jamie Carstairs on Remembering John Thomson in Edinburgh
- Guest blog: Nadine Attewell on Refocusing the Gaze: Leisure, Power, and Women’s Work in Interwar Hong Kong
- HPC: A Change of Pace
- Guest blog: Claire Lowrie on ‘Travelling Servants and Moving Images: A Photographic History of Chinese Domestic Workers’
- Guest blog: The Cercle Sportif Français: Elite cosmopolitanism in Shanghai’s Former French Concession.
- Black and white Hong Kong transformed by ‘OldHKinColour’
Tag Archives: Club
Guest blog: The Cercle Sportif Français: Elite cosmopolitanism in Shanghai’s Former French Concession.
Posted on February 10, 2021 by Guest
Lauren Walden is currently a Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Contemporary Chinese Art at Birmingham City University. Her PhD in Art History from Coventry University explored the global expanse of Surrealism in relation to cosmopolitan theory, including the advent of Surrealism … Continue reading →
Posted in Design, Guest blogs, Uncategorized | Tagged architecture, Art Deco, Club, Heritage, recreation, Social Shanghai | Comments Off on Guest blog: The Cercle Sportif Français: Elite cosmopolitanism in Shanghai’s Former French Concession.