- HPC: A Change of Pace
- Guest blog: Claire Lowrie on ‘Travelling Servants and Moving Images: A Photographic History of Chinese Domestic Workers’
- Guest blog: The Cercle Sportif Français: Elite cosmopolitanism in Shanghai’s Former French Concession.
- Black and white Hong Kong transformed by ‘OldHKinColour’
- The Five Faces of Dr Walter Medhurst, D.D.
- Shanghai City Wall and Gates
- Visualizing Qing Diplomats in the West
- Ruins of Macau in Historical Photographs of China collection – part three
- Ruins of Macau in Historical Photographs of China collections – part two
- Ruins of Macau in Historical Photographs of China collections – part one
- Guest blog: Visualising china in China: life, labour and loss
- About scratching, they were never wrong, the old masters
- Guest blog: Sarah Yu on China’s war against the fly
- A round up of recent posts: internment, a church, a shipwreck, three missing Spanish diplomats, Wuhan
Tag Archives: riding
Incidental mention of the Shanghai Paper Hunt suggests a new post. Here are two members of the Hunt in action. The Shanghai Paper Hunt Club dated is foundation to December 1863, but as its history, published in 1930, noted, there … Continue reading